Head Of Strategic Initiatives
Do you want to make an impact? NewSmile is helping those that want straighter teeth and a better smile for 75% LESS cost than braces, without walk-in clinic appointments. Our innovative technology and services look to transform the lives of many people who would desire straighter teeth in remote areas, at an affordable price in North America, and abroad.
The Head Of Strategic Initiatives will oversee business and operational goals across strategic matters and business issues. You will drive consistent delivery against a broad range of strategic and operational projects in support of the company’s goals and long-term success. You will serve as a technical and strategic partner across teams, driving efforts to set organizational objectives and align employees around our approach. With a strong-sense of direction, you will help coordinate, track and convert ideas to align with the company vision, with a strong detailed plan on execution.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Drive time-critical projects by quickly understanding context and executing with minimal oversight.
- Partner closely with team leads, fostering collaboration, transparency and achieving results to attain a unified vision.
- Coordinate and lead in a variety of matrixed work teams consisting of cross-functional objectives.
- Serve as the directly responsible individual (DRI) for new and continuous initiatives.
Inspire, motivate and help maintain core values, serving as a coach/mentor across various levels team members.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within a fast-growing start-up, by partnering across all levels of employees, and leading with alignment of goals/culture.
- Exceptional multi-project management skills to attain multiple initiatives with a strong attention to detail.
- Results and action orientated with a track record of exceeding subordinate stakeholder goals.
- Ability and willingness to serve as an individual contributor, and team leader with strong business acumen.
- Encourage continual improvement across in all areas, elevating service levels for all team members.
What we look for:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (or working towards one) - preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of corporate strategy and/or executive management experience in the e-commerce or SaaS industry.
- Strong understanding of online data analytics and software platforms.
- Relevant leadership experience in a fast-paced start-up, or within a dynamic organization.
- An inspirational leader that motivates with enthusiasm and vision by focusing on the “big picture”.Fast mover with a strong task focus, with an ability to work in a low-ego environment.
- Degree or background in computer science is a huge bonus.
We do not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, or genetic characteristics.
Expectations of Role
Type of role: Full Time
Contract Term: 3 months, with long term renewal for the right fit!